In the midst of the holiday frenzy, it’s hard to keep up with politics beyond a quick and depressing glance at the headlines. The end of ‘net neutrality.’ Trump assails the integrity of the FBI. Department of Agriculture to roll back Obama rules on organic eggs! And the biggest of all…GOP Tax Bill Speeds Ahead! Without any significant legislative hearings and with no input from Democrats, the Republicans are on the verge of passing a huge, “tax reform” bill that will increase the deficit by $1.5 trillion. The TV reports it as a sure thing before anyone has read the bill. What’s a “resister” to do? Here’s what we think
CALL TO ACTION
Call all your elected representatives, Republican and Democrat and tell them:
- I am watching Congress and “keeping score.” Like Santa, I know who’s been legislatively “naughty or nice.” (Show appreciation for those who are trying to hold up your values and priorities.)
- I oppose the tax reform bill.
- I will do everything in my power to fight the coming attempts to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid or other programs that are part of the social safety net for low and moderate income households.
- I’ve seen the elections in Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama - the political winds are changing and there will be a reckoning in November 2018.
- I will be joining women and people of color to get out the vote and reveal the electoral power of all of us who oppose the Republican/Trump agenda.